Himachal Pradesh is pleased to announce the “HP Panchayat Balika Gaurav Puruskar Yojana” with imediate effect.This is the first year of this yojana. A s we all know Himachal Pradesh was formed on 15th April 1948 by uniting 30 sates of the area. On 25th January 1971 Himachal Pradesh was made a full fledged state. As per 2011 census the state has a population of 68,64,602 comprising 34,81,873 males and 33,82,729 females.
The major cause of decrease of the female birth ratio in India is considred to be the violent treatments meted out to the girl child at the time of birth.The sex ratio in India was almost normal during the phase of the years of Independence but after that it started showing gradual signs of decrease and is generally sekwed in favour of the males.
HP Panchayat Balika Gaurav Puruskar Yojana Objectives
The objective of the scheme is to educate and aware the masses about the importance of maintaining male female sex ratio to provide a good atmosphere for the overall development of females and to stop any such activities which are against the laws framed for girls /females to maintain the male female ratio.
Under this scheme 15 Panchayats in the state having the best female birth rate would be given Rs 10 lakh additional development grant under Panchayat Balika Gaurav Puruskar as such a new scheme has been announced. the state government is implementing many schemes to promote girl child such as:
Indira Gandhi Balika Suraksha Yojana
In this scheme the couples adopting permanent family planning methods after one female child are given Rs 25,000/- as incentive and Rs 20,000/- to couples adopting permanent family planning methods after two female children.
Another scheme where in additional development grant of Rs 5 lakhs is awarded by the state government to block health with best child sex ratio in each district every year.
HP Panchayat Balika Gaurav Puruskar Yojana Eligibility Criteria
As we mentioned above that 15 such Panchayats of the state will be awarded with Rs 10 lakh who have maintained the best sex ratio against the existing population as on 31st december 2017. If the claims of two or more panchayats clashes then the amount of Rs 10 lakh will be divided into equal shares. The selection for the year will be made on the basis of the statistics gathered directly from a panchayat secretary of the concerned Gram Panchayats who are also register of death and births for the concerned gram panchayat through concerned Block development officers.
Activities On Which Gram Panchayats Can Spend The Award Money
The Gram Panchayats can spend the money only after the approval of the Gram Sabha.
- Gram Panchayats can spend the money on Information Education and Communication activities relating to education and the awareness about the importance of maintaining male female sex ratio for the equitable development othe socirty.
- On organizing regular health camps in the panchayats especially for the girl child and the preganant women.
- On improving the nutrition status of the girl child and the pregnant women in the gram panchayat.
- On providing the facilty regarding education / health / sanitation / sports etc for the girl child at various place s of the gram panchayats.
- The Gram Panchayats can providing scholarship to the deserving girl child for pursuing education up to age of 18 years.
- Providing economic support to the women who are destitue(निराश्रित) , widow & divorcee etc.
HP Official Website